Calcium-rich sprouted organic almonds are a good food choice for your bones.
Adding sesame and hemp seeds with Plantation blackstrap molasses make this a bone-loving snack.
A version of this recipe was served at my event:
The Whole Body Approach to Osteoporosis with Keith McCormick, DC.
It was met with a "yum" and an "ah" and......
These ingredients are bone-loving.
Please note, almonds and seeds need to be sprouted for better digestion and absorption.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Melt black strap molasses in sauté pan over low heat just until more liquid
2. Add ALL ingredients to the melted molasses (almonds and seeds)
3. Stir for 1-2 minutes making sure nuts are fully coated
4. Transfer coated almonds to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
5. Separate as best as you can
6. Bake at 350 degree oven for 5 minutes
7. Cool and store in the fridge
One-ounce serving (about 23 almonds) provides:
Printable recipe can be found HERE
"Better Nutrient Absorption - Sprouting allows our body to absorb and use more nutrients
Digestion Optimization - Sprouting also breaks down complex starches (even gluten) and proteins to help with digestion, so beans or grains act like pre-digested food".
Sesame Seeds https://selfbalancingfood.com/
Recipe Creator: Vicki Sarnoff, Certified Health Coach, ServeSafe Certified, is a Nutrition Educator and Culinary Director at Rolling Harvest Food Rescue.
She dreams of recipes in her sleep and can’t imagine a day without creating nourishment in her kitchen. Irma and Vicki collaborate to educate the community on the healing qualities of nutrient-dense food, for their bones, for their life......one forkful at a time.
From my bones to yours,
Irma Jennings, INHC - Holistic Bone Coach
Nutritional Panel supplied by: